Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.  Since it is nearly Christmas (!!!), I am to now list ten books I hope to find waiting under my tree with a big, fat bow on top.  Please applaud my refrain from simply stating all the books.


1.  The Singular and Extraordinary Tale of Mirror and Goliath by Ishbelle Bee



This book sounds beyond whimsical and mystical.  It calls to me every time I enter a bookstore.

2.  The Merciless by Danielle Vega


I have wanted to read this book for over a year now and have not been able to find it at the library or convince myself to purchase it, so someone just needs to buy it for me.

3.  The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly


I spotted this book at Barnes & Noble recently and not only is the cover beautiful, but the premise sounds just like my kind of story.

4.  The Chimes by Anna Smaill  



This one was nominated for some book award, and although I don't typically give awards much weight, this one sounded too intriguing to ignore.

5.  Lost Stars by Claudia Gray


Okay, okay:  I am a huge Star Wars fan.  I am still distraught I couldn't see the new movie on opening night, but should be seeing it today!

6.  The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender  


I loved Katie Alender's Bad Girls Don't Die trilogy in middle school and I only just recently realized she had released another horror novel--of which I am dying to read.

7.  Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas


Since I (shamefully) haven't read this yet.

8.  The Fox and the Star by Coralie Bickford-Smith


This is supposed to be a beautifully illustrated story and I like looking at pretty art.  Simple as that.

9.  The Sandman, Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman


I like comics, I also like Neil Gaiman, so it only makes sense that I read his graphic novel.

10.  American Gods by Neil Gaiman


I still haven't read this book...  There are just too many books and not enough time.

  

18 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Christmas is coming! I loved your list, Erin. I have The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall on my tbr-- it sounds awesome! I sooooo want to see the Force Awakens. I'm not a super Star Wars fan but I still loved the movies. Merry Christmas Erin!

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am SO excited for Christmas! I am super pumped for The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall. I JUST saw The Force Awakens, and let me tell you, it was EPIC. I hope you enjoy it! Merry Christmas and thanks for commenting! XD

      Delete
  2. I keep seeing The Fox and The Star- such a beautiful cover!! Lovely to see a Star Wars book on your list Erin ;D

    I hope you get some of these under your tree! :) Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-)

    Happy holidays lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS such a gorgeous cover design. And I am a HUGE Star Wars fan and just saw the movie today--it exceeded all expectations. Thanks for commenting and merry Christmas! :D

      Delete
  3. I have another edition from The book of lost things, but this one is so pretty. I also LOVED the story. He has a gorgeous writing-style. The fox and the star looks really interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear that The Book of Lost Things is well written. I can't wait to read it and The Fox and the Star, too! Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete
  4. THESE BOOKS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL THO. Especially #1 and #8. I would just want them on cover love alone. XD And I'm looking up The Chimes right now because omigosh is that a CELLO ON THE FRONT COVER?!? *hyperventilates quietly*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, I WANT THEM ALL! And YES THAT IS A CELLO...or a violin or viola? Either way, it looks fabulous! Thanks for commenting, Cait! ❤

      Delete
  5. I also wouldn't mind if Santa leaves me The Merciless and American Gods. Neil Gaiman is an awesome storyteller and I really want to read The Merciless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both sound so intriguing (and I DID get American Gods--thanks, dad)! Neil Gaiman is one of my favorites. Thanks for commenting! ❤

      Delete
  6. I haven't read Queen of Shadows yet either, and should probably get on that! I read the third book a while back though, so I do think I need a refresher first. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, we have no excuse. And Heir of Fire was BRILLIANT. Thanks for commenting! ❤

      Delete
  7. I've had The Merciless on my TBR for the longest time! I love me a dark read, and I've heard this book is so evil and cruel, so I definitely need Santa to stop playing and leave it under my tree. My friend who's name is also Erin, (how funny is that?!!) loves Star Wars as well, and she literally JUST read Lost Stars and LOVED IT! You should definitely get it soon since you're a big fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So have I! It seems like nice dark read, which I love. Even that cover is eerie! And thanks SO much for telling me your friend Erin (which is hilarious) loved Lost Stars, since I HAVE been wondering if it was actually good. Thanks for commenting! ❤

      Delete
  8. The Fox and the Star's cover is beautiful!! A bunch of these are new to me so I definitely need to look into them. Hope Santa was generous with the books this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Merry late Christmas! Santa was QUITE generous with the books this year, as I hope he was with you! XD Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  9. *pats back* Don't worry, I haven't even read ANY Sarah J. Maas book before. *hides in a hole in shame*

    The Fox and the Star and The Chimes look like really good books! I might try them out sometime. Plus the former's book cover looks beautiful. (Gal who judges books by their cover right here.)

    I hope Santa did give you at least one of those books for the holidays! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to read some Sarah J. Maas this year, Mara! You won't regret it. And I am such a sucker for pretty covers, too. I can't help it! And, yes, Santa was quite generous this year--as I hope he was to you, too! Thanks for commenting! ❤

      Delete