Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: 2016 Book Releases


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week I was supposed to choose ten 2016 debut novels I am excited about.  I changed that a little--now it's 2016 releases in general.  I find most books I am anxiously awaiting are not debuts.



1.  The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater



The final installment in the Raven Cycle and I am in no way prepared.  Yet, at the same time, I would kill to have this in my hands this very second.  Also, I have to point out that stunning cover.

2.  Umbrella Academy Volume 3 by Gerard Way and Gabriel Ba



The release date for the third volume in one of my favorite comic series has not yet been confirmed.  Putting it on this list is really just speculation and hopefulness.

3.  Passenger by Alexandra Bracken



Scavenger hunt through time+Alexandra Bracken's writing=a damn good book.  That I am sure of.

4.  The Last Star by Rick Yancey



Another last on this list.  I wonder how the world can move on from alien apocalypse...unless it doesn't.

5.  Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare



While I concede that I am still uncertain about yet another series set in the shadowhunters world, I wouldn't go as far to deny that I won't read, and most likely love, Lady Midnight.

6.  A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab



I don't even know what to say for this one--I just need it.  It's Victoria Schwab.

7.  This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab



Another Victoria Schwab novel coming out in 2016.  What a time to be alive.


Honestly, I'm surprised I got this many...  I don't keep up with releases.  I ten to rely on Goodreads and other bloggers to keep me up to date...

12 comments:

  1. Every time I see that Lady Midnight cover I am in awe of its beauty!! Passenger is one I need to check out. Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is gorgeous--much improved from the old TMI covers! I hope you pick up Passenger and thanks for commenting! ♥

      Delete
  2. I'm so so SO excited for The Raven King but I am prepared? Never. #savegansey

    anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I am EVER prepared for the last book in a series... Thanks for commenting, Anna! ♥

      Delete
  3. I'll be starting Passenger some time next week and I'm praying I love it. I haven't read The Darkest Minds trilogy by Alex, so I'm not sure what to expect writing wise. I've heard great things so I shouldn't be too worried, even though I am lol. I am so reading for AGOS. Victoria Schwab is one of my all time favorites, and I can't wait to be reunited with my baby Kell. Oh my goodness, seeing posts about The Raven King is putting major pressure on me to catch up on the series. I'm reading The Dream Thieves this month, (hopefully) then Blue Lily, Lily Blue in Jan so I can be caught up before RK's release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO ready to read Passenger and I hope you like it! The Darkest Minds is a really great series, so I would say to expect some of the same. But I totally understand about being worried. And AGOS is going to be absolutely fantastic--I can't wait. Kell is one of the best male protagonists I have ever read about. And you NEED to catch up on the Raven Cycle! It's one of my favorite series. Thanks so much for commenting! ♥

      Delete
  4. I'm really excited for A Gathering of Shadows! And Lady Midnight cover always gives me goosebumps, it's just so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too! V.E. Schwab is a brilliant writer, as well as Cassandra Clare. And I agree, the cover is just perfect. Thanks for commenting! ♥

      Delete
  5. The Raven King is WITHOUT DOUBT my most awaited release of 2016! I'm not a 100% satisfied with the cover, though, BUT it looks good next to the others, at least. I so hope NO ONE dies - which is kind of a HUGE thing to ask, but whatever, positive thinking. :D
    Lovely list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to agree with you there! I don't want the series to end, but I have no doubt it well go out with a bang. And as much as I also hope no one (especially Gansey) dies, I definitely don't trust that Stiefvater won't have killed them off! Anyway, thanks so much for commenting! ♥

      Delete
  6. I am SO excited for This Savage Song. And I truly don't understand how Victoria Schwab writes so much and so well, but I do know that I'm thankful for it. What a time to be alive indeed. Thanks for your comment on my TTT, and I'm so glad the blogging community could introduce you to the greatness that A Study in Charlotte will surely be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want all the Victoria Schwab books in my hands this instant! I also love reading her tweets on Twitter. And she MUST have magical powers to be able to write so much... Thanks for commenting, Emily! ♥

      Delete