Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Christmas Tag!


Although Christmas may not be as exciting as when I was a kid, it still remains one of my favorite times of the year.  I am sure my parents are just relieved that I have long since outgrown waking them up at three in the morning to open presents.  Thanks to the lovely Rebekah at Wings Made of Words for tagging me!


1.  What is your favorite Christmas film?


The Polar Express has been my favorite holiday movie since I was six or seven.  In fact, my grandparents bought my family a model train of the Polar Express almost a decade ago now, and it circles our Christmas tree.

2.  Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?


My family has always opened them on Christmas morning, although my brother and I do each open one present on Christmas Eve.

3.  Do you have a favorite Christmas memory?


A few years back, my older brother asked for an Xbox for Christmas.  My dad thought it would be funny if we took a plain box, drew a giant "X" on it in Sharpie, and wrapped that along with the actual game console.  As it happened, the impostor Xbox is the gift my brother opened on Christmas Eve and his face was priceless.

4.  Favorite festive food? 


(accurate representation of my face when I am given food).

I am tempted to write all of the food, but I will go with two:  taffy and cinnamon sticks.  Every Christmas my dad orders a huge box of fancy saltwater taffy from this place in New Jersey and I spend all year looking forward to it.  The cinnamon sticks are made out of pie dough and cinnamon sugar and are delicious and yummy and all such words.  Plus, cookies.

5.  Favorite Christmas gift?


I am going to cop out on this one.  My friends and family are crazy good at giving gifts and I don't think I could choose just one.

6.  Favorite Christmas scent?


I actually cannot stand the taste of peppermint or candy canes, but I love the smell.  Usually I end up eating the flavored candy canes that taste like SweeTarts or Sour Patch Kids.

7.  Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?


As I mentioned earlier, every Christmas Eve my brother and I open one present and my mother also gives us holiday themed pajamas (thanks, mom).

8.  What tops your tree?


Tweety Bird as an angel is what has topped my family's tree every year since I can recall.

9.  As a child, what was the one (wild, crazy, extravagant) gift you asked for but never received? 


I can't remember any specifically, but a few things I probably asked for at some point are:  my Hogwarts letter, a bunny rabbit, a pet pig, and magical abilities.

10.  What is the best part about Christmas for you?


The atmosphere.  Everyone is a little kinder and more joyful around the holiday season.  I am a bit of a Grinch when it comes to most Christmas music and I am the type to groan and moan about the decorations being displayed before Halloween and Thanksgiving, but I have always adored Christmas and both giving and receiving presents.

I tag:

Anyone and everyone who can manage to type this up before Christmas day!  

13 comments:

  1. This was such a fun tag, Erin! It's a pity we don't celebrate Christmas, but anyway, my favorite Christmas movie is always Home Alone! :D Great post!
    Ruzaika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ruzaika! Home Alone is a hilarious movie! Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete
  2. I like this tag!!! I am grinchy when decorations go up to early too and I only like to listen to the music when doingChristmas activities - decorating, making cookies, wrapping presents. My favorite Christmas movies are Elf which I just saw a few years ago and It's a Wonderful Life because it is so classic. Have a Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will listen to select Christmas songs while decorating or wrapping, too. As long as it's actually December! XD And I LOVE Elf! It's so funny. Thanks for commenting and merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Okay, I'm doing this. And I'm keeping the Xbox thing in mind in case my brothers tire of the Wii U. It would be completely worth it just to see the looks on their faces . . .

    Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait to see your answers and I'm sure your brothers will appreciate the Xbox trick. ;D Thanks for commenting and merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. Awwww! This was such a cute tag! Sounds like you have a wonderful Christmas's with your family. I've never tried saltwater taffy or cinnamon sticks before but now, they sound yum-o! Merry Christmas Erin!

    anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! Christmas' are always fun at my house. And both taffy and cinnamon sticks are delicious. Thanks for commenting and merry Christmas!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your photos in this post, especially the christmas tree one! I also like the Winnie the Pooh gif, because Winnie the Pooh XD. I love your christmas eve traditions too, they sound so much fun! And pajamas are the best :-) Cinnamon sticks sound wonderful. Merry Christmas, Erin! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebekah! And Winnie the Pooh is adorable, but my childhood obsession was actually Piglet! XD I am beyond excited for this years Christmas festivities and I hope you have a happy Christmas, too. Thanks for commenting! ♡

      Delete
  6. The tweety bird is so great! I love your personal touches to the tag :) I also remember asking for my hogwarts letter constantly for my 11th birthday...and I agree the atmosphere is so much more beautiful around Christmas!
    Kate @Read and Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so cute! I still didn't get my Hogwarts letter, but I insist that it is still lost in the mail... I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and thanks for commenting! ❤

      Delete