Sunday, December 6, 2015

Bedtime Book Tag!


I stay up late into the night so often I'm practically nocturnal. It's to a point where I must be half vampire.  At least this isn't Sunnydale, am I right?
Thanks to Anna at Annaish for tagging me!


1.  A book that kept you up all night reading


The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

My sixth grade English teacher handed out copies of this to the entire class just for fun.  I remember staying up into the dead of night to finish it, and when I returned it the following day, my teacher made my entire class clap for me because she was so impressed at my quick reading.  It was awkward.

2.  A book that made you scared to sleep


Goosebumps:  Night of the Living Dummy by R.L. Stine

I haven't been thoroughly frightened by a book in ages now, but as a child I was a little fraidy cat...  Both the Goosebumps books and television show scared the living daylights out of me.

3.  A book that made you go to sleep


The Sound of Waves by Yukio Mishima

I was forced against my will to read this book for class last Spring and I swear I fell asleep each and every time I attempted to get through this because nothing happens.

4.  A book that left you tossing and turning all night in anticipation of its release


City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

Along with the rest of the Shadowhunters fanbase, I would have killed a man to have gotten my hands on this book early (but not really, I may be half vampire but I do have a soul).

5.  A book that is your dream boyfriend/girlfriend ship of two separate books


I am an unimaginative thing, okay?  I like sticking to canon.  Yes, I do realize this non-answer is insufficient but you'll just have to deal with it, now won't you?

6.  A book that would be your worst nightmare to live in


1984 by George Orwell

This is a horror show of a society and I would give up all the candy in the world to never have to live there myself.

7.  A book that reminds you of night time


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

A circus that only takes place under the shadow of night, where the magic tricks aren't such tricks after all...  One of my favorite books I have read so far in my lifetime.

8.  A book that had a nightmarish cliffhanger


Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

If I didn't love this book so much I would have thrown it across the room because of the trauma it caused my heart.  If The Raven King isn't released soon I will go absolutely insane.

9.  A book you actually dreamed about


A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

I don't typically remember my dreams, but I clearly recall dreaming about this one shortly after I finished it.  It was an entire coherent story, too.  Well, "coherent" may be stretching it a bit.

10.  A book monster you wouldn't want to find under your bed 


The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

I don't lie awake convinced there's a monster hiding under my bed any longer, but there is this...worm...demon...thing that would send my screaming down the street.  It reshaped reality and made it so no one believed a thing that fell from the innocent boy's lips.  If that monster was under my bed I would burn the house down.


Now, sleep is for the weak, but we all need it.  Imagine how much we could get done if sleep wasn't required for, you know, living and all.

I tag:

Rebekah @ Wings Made of Words
Jillian @ Jillian's Books

16 comments:

  1. Totally relate to City of Heavenly Fire - I could NOT wait for that one to be released! Awesome post!

    Katie / http://www.storiesandsnapshots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it was well worth the wait! Thanks so much for commenting, Katie! ♥

      Delete
  2. The Night Circus is definitely reminds me of night time. I really need to read ACOTAR. Now that I have read SJM I want to read all of her books. Fun tag!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACOTAR is one you definitely need to read! It is quite magical and highly addictive. Thanks for commenting, Grace! ♥

      Delete
  3. THE NIGHT CIRCUS AHDJFKGKL I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Omg your teacher handed out copies of The Hunger Games??? That is so cool (*gives you another round of applause in celebration for your quick reading that night*). Aaah I really want to read ACOTAR something tells me I'd love it! Thank you so much for tagging me, I can't wait to do this tag! Especially now that I know what I'm gonna answer for question 5.... ;-) As usual, Erin, you answered all of these questions brilliantly ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, IT IS SPECTACULAR. I still can't get over how perfect it is. And thank you, thank you (for the applause). And you should totally read ACOTAR. If you liked ToG (which I KNOW you did), you will definitely enjoy ACOTAR, too. I hope you have a lot of fun with this tag, Rebekah! ♥

      Delete
  4. I think I'm the complete opposite to you... I just can't keep my eyes open when it gets dark! (Maybe not the most useful thing in the winter, and summer when I have to be up early...). I'm currently reading 1984 and it's pretty scary; I know I wouldn't be able to live in that world. Great post, Erin - thank you for sharing these answers :D

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS quite difficult to get up early when you stay up late, too! Neither way is perfect, really. I am over the moon happy you are enjoying 1984! It is such a phenomenal book. Thanks for commenting, Denise! ♥

      Delete
  5. Hi hi hi! Yay! You did the tag and *singing* you nailed it! Ahh, Maggie Stiefvater. She's the one who made me go insane. *in Gollum's voice* my precioussss the raven kingggg...

    anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Maggie Stiefvater has driven all us readers to mental institutions over the years, I think. And Gollum is SO creepy! XD Thanks for tagging and commenting, Anna! ♥

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for tagging me, Erin! I'm definitely going to do this tag as soon as possible! I've read six of these books and your choices for each category are amazing. Living in the world of 1984 would be absolutely awful! But The Raven King... I'm beyond excited to get my hands on that book. This is such a great post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Emma! I hope you have fun doing the tag! And I can't even imagine living in 1984. It's almost worse than the Hunger Games. And what I would do to get The Raven Kind RIGHT NOW... XD Thanks for commenting! ✾

      Delete
  7. This is a cute tag! I agree that THG was series that kept me up. I couldn't put down Catching Fire when it first came out, and then that cliffhanger!? *cries* That was harsh. I haven't read the rest but I really, really need to read City of Heavenly Fire. It was my highly anticipated book ever, and I ran to the shops to buy it the day it came out... but then I just couldn't make myself read it. And haven't been able to since. I don't want the series to be over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And cliffhangers are just the WORST! Especially when you can't get hold of the next book right away. And you MUST read CoHF! It is a fantastic finale and I think it was ended perfectly. And it isn't really over, not as long as Cassandra Clare keeps writing in that world! Thanks for commenting! XD

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh...if I ever lived in the world of 1984 I would be so terrified. What's more terrifying is I can see it happening in real life! Great TAG it's so funny and clever...
    I am hosting an event called the "12 bloggers of christmas" over on my blog, would you be interested in joining?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's a horror show of a society. That's why dystopians are scary--they're realistic. Thanks for commenting, Kate and I'll definitely check out your event! XD

      Delete