Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Spring TBR


For as long as I can remember, Spring has been my favorite season.  Although this might have something to do with my birthday being in April, it's also the flowers, the rain, and the warm weather that has yet to become unbearably hot and humid.  Maybe I'll even take my reading outside for once...

A Conjuring of Light by V.E Schwab




Honestly, you can never go wrong with V.E. Schwab.  I intended to buy and read this book back when it was first published in February.  However, I think it is quite obvious I never got around to it and voilà, here we are now.

The Martian by Andy Weir


Remember a couple of years ago when there was an exorbitant amount of hype surrounding this novel and its subsequent film?  I never got around to reading this then, either.  So here we are, however many years later.  I've actually started reading this already and I was sold from the first sentence.

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle




This one is actually a reread.  I read A Wrinkle in Time when I was 12 (and I loved it), but I never did read the rest of the books.  Now that the movie is coming out next year, I figured it was time to read them, starting off by rereading the first installment.

The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan


I've been reading Rick Riordan's books since I was nine years old, so it's been nearly a decade reading about crazy god and demigod antics, yet I still haven't read The Hammer of Thor.  I received a signed copy from my dad for Christmas and it's about time I finally crack it open.  Also, aren't those stickers annoying? 


The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger


I got (stole) this book from my dad, but despite this daring thievery, it's just been sitting on my shelf collecting dust.  The Catcher in the Rye is a classic and I figured it was about time I got around to reading it.



10 comments:

  1. THE MARTIAN YESSS. That has to be one of the very best books I've read in 2017. Mark has such an incredibly compelling voice, doesn't he?? (If you like The Martian, I'd also recommend Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan.)

    YOUR COPY OF A WRINKLE IN TIME IS SO PRETTY, AHHH. And I NEED to get around to reading the Shades of Magic series! It's been on my TBR for so long :/ Some of the books I plan on reading in April and May are Hunted by Meagan Spooner, The Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braids by Michael McClung, Resistance by Jaye L. Knight, and Caraval by Stephanie Garber.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, I'M ALMOST DONE AND IT IS SO GOOD. Mark is hilarious. And I'll definitely have to check that out, thanks, Ellie! My copy of A Wrinkle in Time is from Barnes & Noble (isn't it gorgeous???). But the Shades of Magic series is one of the best series I have read in a while. But your TBR looks really full this month. Caraval is definitely something I want to read, mostly because it sounds a little like The Night Circus, admittedly. Anyway, thanks for commenting, Ellie!

      Delete
  2. Hi Erin! So nice to see you post again. I recently read A Conjuring of Light and it basically destroyed me (in the best way). Aahh I need to read The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan. I haven't read a Riordan book in a while but, I'm sure it's awesome.

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Anna! I've missed blogging tremendously. I cannot WAIT to read A Conjuring of Light. V.E. Schwab has yet to disappoint me. And The Sword of Summer is a really quick read! Thanks for commenting, Anna!

      Delete
  3. I love you.... and your amazing writing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved The Martian!! Hope you enjoy it. I actually want to reread Catcher in the Rye and need to find my old copy. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've almost finished it and I am definitely in love. And I actually stole my dad's old copy of Catcher in the Rye. Thanks for commenting, Grace!

      Delete
  5. Oooh The Hammer of Thor is AMAZING and so so hilarious. 😂 But I mean, what else would you expect from Rick Riordan, right?!?😂 And I looove a Conjuring of Light. It was a perfect finale. 😍😍

    (Also happy-nearly-birthday!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always rely on Riordan books to be funny, am I right? And that every V.E. Schwab book will be SPECTACULAR. Thanks for the comment and the early birthday wishes, Cait!

      Delete