Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I've Read The Most Books From


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.  Today the theme is the authors that I have read the most books from.  I have trouble with starting series and not finishing them right away, so we'll see how this goes.  But just remember:  it's quality, not quantity that matters.  Not all books I have read on this list have been my favorites, even though I may have read a million of them.



I bet you guys have never heard of this series before...  It's not very popular.  Hint:  That was sarcasm.  But in case you really didn't know (how...?), the Harry Potter series consists of seven books, ranging from average in size to the size of a small refrigerator.



From the age of about nine to twelve, I was obsessed with this series...about cats.  Don't let that fool you, they're actually pretty good.  There's about...28 or so of these.  Yeah, you read that correctly:  28.  At least.  There's a lot of books in this series and I didn't even read them all.

3.  Rick Riordan 


Let's see...  First there was the original five Percy Jackson and the Olympians books, then the Heroes of Olympus five...  Oh!  Let's not forget the demigod files.  Not to mention that I read the three books in the Kane Chronicles (which are significantly less popular).  That brings the grand total to 14.



If you haven't read a Cassandra Clare book by now...  I don't know what you're doing with your life.  The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices are fabulous, just like Magnus Bane and his glitter.  I have read 9 of Cassandra Clare's books and cannot wait for The Dark Artifices and The Last Hours.  Cannot.  Wait.

5.  Angie Sage 


I freaking love this series.  If you love Harry Potter, you'll love this.  There's seven books total and one spin off, all of which I still look back on fondly.  It is one of the few series I actually own physical copies of, which makes me very happy.  The same kind of happy as when I have cake...which is pretty darn happy, let me tell you...




I feel like I read so many of these books when I was in elementary and middle school...  Just like this 6 book series by Michael Scott.  It's confusing and magical and has some of the craziest twists in the history of writing, okay.  Read it.  Go.  Now.  Why aren't you reading?

7.  Sara Shepard 


Again, when I was in middle school, I read 15 books in this series before giving up.  It just didn't work for me anymore.  It began to feel like Sara Shepard was stringing out the mystery too long, and I was having nothing to do with that.

8.  Meg Cabot 


When I was a little tiny sixth grader, I found out that the movie I had loved as a child was a book series...  So I read all ten of them.  The Princess Diaries is one of the very few series I have ever marathoned because, as an eleven year old, these were pretty much the best books in the entire world.  What person never wanted to find out they were a princess?



Once upon a time, Michael Buckley wrote a series about the descendants of the Brothers Grimm, who had turned into fairy tale detectives.  Think Once Upon a Time for kids.  The nine book series held my attention all the way through, and the ending blew my socks off (although I can't actually remember if I was wearing socks at the time).  He also wrote a book called NERDS.


10.  P.C. Cast 


I gave up on this series after eleven books.  Whenever the new novel would be published, I would groan and sigh and mope around.  I felt obligated to read them, even though I didn't quite have the desire to do so.  Eventually, I just quit.  It's okay not to finish series if you don't want to.

8 comments:

  1. Yes this TTT was SO DIFFICULT. 99% of the books on my list were ones I read when I was under the age of ten! And I totally agree with you about Cassandra Clare. But you briefly mentioned cake so... I need cake. ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! As a kid I didn't care as much about the series being great and felt as if I HAD to finish ALL SERIES EVER. Cassandra Clare+cake=happiness.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read Harry Potter than JK Rowling would be on my list!!! I read the first PLL and decided to stick with the TV show!!! I haven't read any of the others though. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter is literally my childhood. I hope you love it! I definitely like the show better. It doesn't feel like it drags out as much. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I loved the comment about the sizes of the Potter books. Very accurate too ;)
    We only share Rowling on our lists, so I now have 9 authors that can look into more because i have either not read much by or at anything by so i will look into quite a few of them, thank you :)
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! :D Rowling is a good one to share! I would definitely say you should look into some of these books and I hope you enjoy them! Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I can't believe there's a series about cats in the world that I haven't read. I kind of feel like I might need to troll my BFF by giving her these books for her birthday this year - I think she'd love the cat covers. (But also, like, man, am I super curious about what that series was actually about or what? I am. I kind of wonder how you sustain a 28 book narrative about cats. Are they at least magic cats?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally give them as a gift to your friend--that would be hilarious! The plots are centered around four clans of cats who live in this one area. They are little cat societies and there is even a cat heaven and magical cats, yes. It sounds strange when I describe it but they are actually pretty good. The series is still going, actually! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete